About Me

My photo
Hey, my name is kassie or kass or nope that’s it (lol). well, I am 19. I went to Sparks high school. I am a sophmore at TMCC. but I have know idea what I want to be. if anything I am just me I love all kinds of music metal, rock,some hip-hop and RnB but i really dont like rap i like oldies like frank sinatra. two fave bands in the whole world is A7X (avenged sevenfold) and fall out boy....odd combo I know but that me for ya lol. If there is anything else you want too know just ask.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Representational and abstract

Kasandra Patterson
Art 160
10-4-10

Representational and abstract
            Representational is defined as works of art that portrays natural objects in a recognizable form. This means that the work is more what the eye would see if you were staring at a natural object or scene. Abstract is defined as the less the work resembles real things in the real world.
So to answer the question on page 39 the work that is more representational is the one done by John Taylor in fig 42 it is a black and white outline of a treaty signing between the native Americas and what looks like English settlers it has a ton of detail and is really easy to see what is going on.
The other art work is defiantly is abstract it to me looks like a child drew it, howling wolf is much more open to interpretation and has a lot more meaning to it than the other one. The other one was very straight forward in its meaning, this one could mean a lot more even though is looks like it was drawn by a child.          

i got these images from: http://www4.uwm.edu/letsci/mls/syllabi/702/702-1c.cfm
http://www4.uwm.edu/letsci/mls/syllabi/702/702-1b.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment